When it is time to upgrade the SSD drive in your MacBook Air? what do you choose?
I love my MacBook Air but I run a lot of apps, music, movies, etc. I am running out of space on my 512 GB SSD. so what I am to do? well I started to look at upgrading my ssd drive (ok my MBA is a 2012 model, so its drive look like oversized memory stick). So I started at OWC to see if I could find a 960GB SSD nope they did not have one. Next Amazon (I am a prime member), they had JetDrive 520 kit, 960GB on sale for 599.00 (down from 699.00) made by Transcend. Still a little to expensive, but they one in Amazon Warehouse Deals for another 50 dollars off. So I bought it. The kit includes:
- Max Seq. Read: 495MB/s, Max Seq. Write: 427MB/s
- Next-generation SATA III 6Gb/s interface
- Free download of Jet Drive Toolbox SSD monitoring software
- External enclosure is fully compatible with SuperSpeed USB 3.0 and Hi-Speed USB 2.0
- SSD upgrade kit included
- Dual color LED indicator (Power, data transfer and USB 3.0/2.0 connection)
- Operating Temperature 32F-158F
- Repurpose original SSD into external SSD
It was so easy to clone my existing SSD to the new one with my old favorite app Carbon Copy Cloner, it took just under an hour to do. The kit even can with the required screwdrivers to remove the bottom cover and remove the existing SSD. Quick swap out of the SSD's put the bottom plate back in place. Boot up my MBA and wow I have a screaming new machine with almost double the storage place! I have repartitioned into 3 drives, 1 running Mavericks (479 GB), 1 for all of my virtual machines (379 GB) 1 for Beta testing OS's (100 GB) currently Yosemite.
What I believe as member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
use the keywords box